Sunday, May 18, 2014

For The Home: The Forest Feast, Tinware Cups and Embossed Glasses

Just had to get this beautifully illustrated cookbook from Erin Gleeson, The Forest Feast at Indigo (blog found here)
Cute little mint green porcelain enameled espresso cups (they look like tin cups!!) from Soko in Pointe-Claire village. 
Starting the day on the right foot with a simple recipe from Erin Gleeson's The Forest Feast
Beautifully embossed sea foam green glasses from Indigo (similar found here)
Some days you step out of the house to run errands, which sometimes feel like chores not expecting the day to bring you so many lovely unexpected surprises. Although I wasn't properly dressed, the outside flea market season has finally kicked off (actually, it did a few weeks ago. I'm just late). It did get a bit warmer throughout the day and when I reached pointe-claire village, my mother insisted we go into every store on the strip. I rolled my eyes and nodded, knowing only the stores I usually visit have the best finds. Boy, was I ever wrong. I found these mint green espresso cups in a quaint little shop near the end of the strip and they are seriously my favourite buy this year. They have an adorable vintage feel reminiscent of those tin cups you carry when camping. Oh, and they're mint green. Now to create open shelving space in the new house to display them… bring on the DIYs. 

We did a final stop at Chapters and I picked up these fabulous glasses made in Portugal as well as Erin Gleeson's new cookbook named after her blog (found here), The Forest Feast. Her recipes are original, simple and a treat for the eyes. I made myself a quick and tasty breakfast this morning following one of her recipes. Cannot wait to make them again for a guest or my fiancĂ©. I'm looking forward to using it more this season with local produce. 

I hope you are enjoying the long weekend! xo

2 comments:

  1. those are too lovely! especially the porcelain cups. happy weekend :)

    sharon @ shasummerwine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so sweet! Thank you! xo
      Have a lovely weekend as well!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...